Thursday, December 16, 2010

fabric basket. or bag.

In my first attempt to make some fabric baskets for the preschool teachers, I came up with this.


Not what I had in mind.  Not bad, just not what I envisioned.

I wanted more of a looks-like-it-needs-to-be-carried-with-two-hands kind of basket . . . long and low.  I haven't made too many bags, so I'm still getting the hang of adding dimensions for boxed corners.  I didn't make the bag width wide enough so I ended up with a small basket-sort-of-bag.


The dimensions for this bag are 7 inches long by 3 inches wide by 7 inches tall.  I was going for something longer and not as tall.

Because this bag is lined with thick polyester batting, it stands by itself.  So it will make a nice little basket bag for some lightweight items.  This would also be really great with a magnetic clasp for a cute makeup bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment