Tuesday, December 14, 2010

{harry potter} pj's


No, this isn't another post about the winter hat I made for Logan.  This post is about the pants.

To liven up a solid black pant, I cut out lightning bolts from the black fleece (a leftover thoughtfully donated by my mother-in-law) and sewed orange to the inside.  I think they turned out really great, so Logan's radical response surprised me:

I don't like them.  I'm gonna have bad dreams!

About what, you ask?  I still don't know.  I think about Harry Potter.  Harry is one of my favorite characters and if you frequent abcfamily you know that these movies are on all. the. time.  So he catches parts of them and, regretfully, has seen parts of the dvd's on the rare occasion that I have found the time to watch them.  If you don't know anything about the Potter series, it get darker as the series progresses so what is borderline appropriate for a 4-year-old in the first two movies quickly turns to highly scary, and apparently nightmare-producing, in subsequent films.  So the lightning bolts were initially not a crowd pleaser.


But once he was reminded that disney's Bolt and Lightning McQueen both sport super sweet lightning bolts, he at least smiled and stood still long enough for me to try them on him.

And once he figured out these pajamas were nearly snow proof after falling twice while taking the dog for a walk, he was hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment