Sunday, February 28, 2010

logan's birthday quilt :: sneak peek


I started Logan's lap quilt today.  He will be 4 next week, so his lap is pretty small (good news for me because I don't have much time left).  I used the same Historic Highway fabric that I used in his messenger bag.  I wasn't going for a "theme" for his birthday; I just had so much of this fabric that I have to use it somehow.  I actually purchased this fabric with a quilt in mind.

After a few minutes planning the thing and then several more minutes changing the plan in my head, I ended up with rows of Highway and solid squares in between.  At the last minute, I decided to change some of the squares by cutting them on a diagonal and piecing different colors together.  I like the colors; I'm just not sure I like how I put everything together.


But this is for a 4-year-old boy and he will probably love it.  I do think it is very little boyish.  I'm sure I will get used to the same design used over and over again; I just wanted this quilt to be simple, fun, and definitely cause excitement on the big day.

And, of course, I had a buddy tag along to help me with the photos . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment