- knit 5 Christmas stockings before Christmas, preferrably at least a week before Christmas day
- all five must be similar to show uniformity but not exactly the same
- they must be oversized (this is one of the hub's problems with our current stockings)
- the pattern must be simple enough to work without too much thought
- they must be knit in the round (I refuse to knit flat when I don't have to)
These are the three that I managed to finish before Christmas, one for each of my three boys. The blue is for Logan, the green for Trent, and I chose purple for Timmy's stocking. For all the stockings I used stash yarn. Timmy's stocking is purple (which I've chosen as his signature color because it would never be claimed by any other boys in my house) and I used leftover yarn from my Comfort Buttony that I knitted for myself; that was a special way for me to tie the two of us together.
These stockings definitely fit the bill. I used the same pattern for each but, depending on the yarn, the sizes are a little different. Trent's stocking is the smallest at 16 inches around and 20 inches long while Timmy's stocking measures about the same 16 inches in circumference but a whopping 24 inches long. That's more than half the length of my 6-year-old! So these are definitely big enough for Santa to fit all the Christmas goodies!
Merry Christmas to my three darlings.