Saturday, March 13, 2010
fabric for donation quilts
I just wanted to post briefly about the fabric I picked up for two of the Project Night Night quilts that I will be making this month. I decided to assemble four bags instead of two, each containing a blanket, an age-appropriate book, and a stuffed animal. These bags are destined for a local homeless shelter to offer comfort to the children staying there.
I am pretty disappointed that I missed this section at JoAnn's when I was picking out fabric for Logan's quilt. It's a small section labeled "Juvenile Prints" and there isn't much to it, but I found the two lovely prints in the middle along with a few robot and dinosaur prints. Logan would have gone nuts over the dinosaur prints! Oh well, I guess I will just have to make him a bed size quilt or pillow or something else with those.
I haven't quite nailed down the technique I will be using to put the quilts together. But since these two will each contain two layers of cotton fabric with batting sandwiched in the middle, I think it's safe to call them quilts. I will look for something a little quicker for the next two, but I have time to quilt these.